The 63rd GRAMMY Awards are right around the corner, airing Sunday, Jan. 31, on CBS, but the nominations are here now. Find out who are nominated for best record package category. Their box sets are looking too awesome!
Table of Contents
Flaming Pie (Collector’s Edition)- Paul McCartney
A 4LP/5CD/2DVD Collector’s Edition — remastered at Abbey Road Studios and strictly limited to 3,000 numbered copies issued in a numbered cloth wrapped two-piece collector’s box will feature everything in the Deluxe Edition plus a marbled art print portfolio of six silkscreened Linda McCartney art prints, exclusive vinyl versions of the remastered album cut at half speed across 2LPs in an exclusive gatefold sleeve, an LP of home recordings in a hand-stamped white label sleeve, and “The Ballad of the Skeletons” – Paul’s 1996 collaboration with Allen Ginsberg, also featuring Philip Glass and Lenny Kaye – released for the first time on vinyl and cut at 45 RPM with vinyl etching and poster.
All the contents of the Deluxe Edition:
– Numbered cloth wrapped clam shell box
– CD portfolio containing 5CDs and 2DVDs
– 128-page book containing previously unpublished images by Linda McCartney, expanded album artwork from the archives and the story behind the album – including track-by-track information, recipes and new interviews with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Jeff Lynne, Steve Miller and key album personnel, written by Chris Heath.
– Facsimiles of John Hammel studio notebook, Club Sandwich Magazine, Flaming Pie plectrum and envelope containing handwritten lyrics for 8 tracks and The Flame newspaper
– Numbered cloth wrapped two-piece collector’s box
– 4LPs including: exclusive remastered album cut at half speed across 2LPs; hand-stamped white label vinyl featuring home recordings; exclusive “The Ballad Of The Skeletons” 12” single with vinyl etching and poster
– Exclusive marbled art print portfolio housing 6 Linda McCartney art prints
Flaming Pie is also available on 180g black vinyl 2LP, 3LP, CD, Deluxe formats, as well as digitally on streaming platforms.
Giants Stadium 1987, 1989, 1991- Grateful Dead
GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991.
Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir’s TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering.
The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters.
- 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs
- 7/12/87 (24-track masters)
- 7/9/89 (24-track masters)
- 7/10/89 (24-track masters)
- 6/16/91 (48-track masters)
- 6/17/91 (48-track masters)
- Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound
- Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir’s TRI Studios
- Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration
- Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000
Mode- Depeche Mode
Jeff Schulz, art director
A literal ‘black celebration’ of Depeche Mode’s career with all albums across 14 CDs and four CDs of bonus material.
Sony will issue a new 18CD Depeche Mode box set called simply MODE, in November.
The box set collects all 14 studio albums and includes four bonus discs of chronological non-album material (b-sides, bonus tracks and non-album material).
Ode To Joy- Wilco
Ode to Joy – Wilco’s 11th studio album – will be released October 4, 2019 via dBpm Records. The album features 11 new songs written and produced by Jeff Tweedy and recorded by Wilco at The Loft (Chicago, IL) in January 2019. The album is engineered and mixed by Tom Schick and mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering (Portland, ME).
Exclusively available through the Wilco store, the Ode to Joy Deluxe Vinyl Box Set features a limited edition hand-numbered slipcased pop-up art book which includes:
- Ode To Joy LP on 180 gram vinyl
- LP jacket and inserts exclusive to this edition
- A 22-page clothbound hardcover embossed book printed on 100 point archival paper. The book features collages and unique hand assembled paper constructions that animate and reveal album lyrics including pages engineered with pull out die cut pockets, spinning wheels, paper doors, and unfolding gatefold spreads.
- Autographed by the band.
Produced in Chicago, IL with six color printing, metallic inks and collages designed by Wilco’s long-time collaborator Lawrence Azerrad, the limited edition Ode To Joy art book is a rare archive of this work.
Full album Mp3 link will be emailed from SendOwl. Please allow up to 24 hours for the email to deliver.
**Only 1000 copies of the Deluxe LP available. LIMIT 2 per customer. Insurance is included in shipping cost.
The Story Of Ghostly International- Various Artists
VMP Anthology: The Story of Ghostly International is a 6 album, 8 LP, colored vinyl box set that celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of the most adventurous labels in the history of electronic music.
Started in a dorm room at the University of Michigan, and spiritually connected to the electronic music of Detroit and Chicago, Ghostly International is now truly international, a label that can release emotional rock music from Denmark alongside compilations of electronic music originally made to be played on the Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim.
Featuring three albums that have never been on vinyl–including the first vinyl pressing of Ghostly Swim— and three sought after albums that are out of print, this box set packaged together but separated out into a month-long experience, and comes with a 4-episode podcast series, deluxe liner note photo prints for each album, and exclusive access to tons of additional written and audio content.
- 6-release (8xLP) box set
- Exclusive color editions
- Art by Michael Cina
- Liner notes by Andy Kellman
Shigeto – Full Circle
Willits + Sakamoto – Ancient Future
Choir Of Young Believers – This Is For The White In Your Eyes
V/A – Ghostly Swim
V/A – Ghostly Swim 2
V/A – Thousands Of Eyes In The Dark
James Hill is a veteran of the music industry. He first worked at Warner Reprise Records then later joined Interscope/ Geffen Records where he managed producers and songwriters and got his first platinum record for Keyshia Cole’s The Way It Is. He is now helping indie artists with branding and manufacturing through his company Unified Manufacturing, a CD/DVD/vinyl and merch company in LA.