There are many legal requirements you should comply if you want to have a career in music: you need legal permission if you want to cover songs, you need to trademark your band name if you don’t want another band to use it, your performance contract, and many others.
If you want to make money from your music (who doesn’t?), then you better have your music licensed. That also serves as your protection from those who want to steal your music.
Indie Music Tech published a definitive list of music licensing companies arranged in an alphabetical list below.
- AudioMicro (license music for motion pictures, feature films, short films, radio advertisements, PowerPoint presentations, iPhone apps and more)
- BeatPick (showcasing 306 talented artists / 5000+ music tracks for film, TV, advertising and other use)
- Gamecues (music licensing for the gaming industry)
- Getty Images (music licensing through Pump Audio)
- iStockphoto (license royalty-free, pay-as-you-go audio tracks and Flash files)
- Jamendo PRO (music licenses for film, documentaries, promotional videos, websites and more)
- LicenseQuote (a music licensing e-commerce solution for music publishers, labels, artists or bands to license their songs and recordings directly from their own web sites while keeping 100% of the sales revenues)
- Magnatune (licensing for independent music)
- Mango Reel (a UK music consultancy with an extensive catalog of independent music for licensing within the television, film, video game and advertising industries)
- Matchless Music (a music licensing site which helps Indie musicians license their tunes to clients in television, film, video games, commercials and the web)
- Music Dealers (a full-service music licensing company that connects quality artists from around the world with leading brands, networks, advertising agencies, film production houses and gaming companies)
- NaxosLicensing (music licensing for classical music, from Bach to Wagner)
- Pump Audio (artists and labels communicate directly with those looking to license music for TV, film, commercials, etc. without giving up any ownership)
- Renommee (European based music licensing provider)
- Ricall (music licensing marketplace, connecting users wanting to license music directly with the relevant copyright owners)
- Rumblefish (licensing for television, film, advertisements, websites, videos, games, podcasts, and sonic branding – e.g. your music inside your local Gap)
- Sentric Music (has contacts across the globe that look for opportunities for their artists music in TV, advertising, film and games)
- SoundLounge (music consultancy helping clients to license their music across all platforms and territories)
- SoundReef (private beta service exchanging music for promotion in television, film, advertising, etc.)
- YookaMusic (a music licensing marketplace for music supervisors, marketing/advertising firms and the like looking to license music, as well as those providing music to license like artists and labels)
- YouLicense (music licensing marketplace, enabling artists and those seeking music to contact each other directly)
Unified Manufacturing is an L.A. -based one-stop-shop that offers very affordable CD/DVD/USB replication, custom printing, promotional products, warehousing and fulfillment and many more. If you need an Instant Quote on a project and you want FREE SHIPPING, simply CLICK HERE.