For those attending their very first film festival, you might be shocked by just how aggressive filmmakers are in promoting their films. You will see these young filmmakers carrying big bags full of DVD screeners and posters, handing them to every film programmer/producer/press who shows even the least bit of attention. That’s because when you go to these events, the aim is to sell your film and to establish connections. It’s a gathering of people that can help you with your film so that’s the exact time to roll your sleeves and start impressing people from your actual film to your film promotion.
If you’re to bring only one thing to a film festival, make it film postcards. Here are the reasons why:
1. Film postcards are not bulky. Posters are bulky, magazines are bulky. but 1,000 pieces of postcards is STILL not bulky. If you want to travel really light, then postcards are your best friends.
2. Film postcards are not too small. Unlike business cards, postcards are just the right size to carry around. It has enough space for you to put your synopsis, laurels, QR code and full contact info.
3. It’s easy to add a personal touch to a film postcard than to any other marketing stuff. You can’t just unroll your poster then write something on it. That takes too much time and you would need a flat surface for you to write your message. A business card is okay for some scribbles, but not for a thank-you note
4. You can clip your film postcard to your badge. Well, as you will soon discover, film festivals is really a competitive arena for filmmakers. It’s where you are likely to find a funder for your next movie, or a buyer of your film. But there are just way too many people! How do you make sure people remember you?
5. Film postcards can double as a business card. Put all your contact info on your postcard: name, address, website, phone number. That way there’s no need for you to print business cards.
6. Film postcards are so cheap to make. We make very affordable postcards for film companies and indie filmmakers. The cost varies depending on the effects you want to add (you want it embossed?with foil?) and the colors and materials you choose. But the regular postcard costs just a few cents higher than a business card. If you need kick-ass film posters, go to our website or just email James directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
For me, the postcard is just the perfect item to bring to a film festival if you don’t have a budget. well, even if you do (and you’ve got plenty of movie merch with you), you really must still bring a postcard. It is, without a doubt, a must-bring item.
Unified Manufacturing is an L.A. -based one-stop-shop that offers very affordable CD/DVD/USB replication, custom printing, promotional products, warehousing and fulfillment and many more. If you need an Instant Quote on a project and you want FREE SHIPPING, simply CLICK HERE.